Know what diseases occur in New York
- Photo gallery: Vegetable diseases observed on Long Island
- Organic Production Guides for Vegetables
- Commercial Vegetable Management Guidelines for NY – covers diseases and insect pests occurring in N.Y.
Obtain accurate diagnosis.
Plant Disease Diagnostic Laboratories:
Resources on management prepared by Meg McGrath:
- Biology basics: plant diseases and management
- General management guidelines
- Overview of guidelines for common diseases
Specific Management Practices and Tools:
- Resistant varieties
- Hot-water treatment for seed-borne pathogens
- Biopesticides: General information. Products for: cucurbits | tomatoes | leafy vegetables
- Copper fungicides
- Efficacy results from University evaluations of organic products
- Database with federal labels for most organic and conventional fungicides
- Database with New York labels for most organic and conventional fungicides (except products exempt from registration)
- Basil downy mildew
- Late blight in tomato and potato – See also Late blight on tomato photo gallery/information page.
Other resources on management