Vegetable Pathology Research and Extension Program objectives:
- Optimize management of diseases affecting vegetables grown on Long Island within organic as well as conventional production systems by:
- Investigating pathogen biology, including sources.
- Developing scouting protocols and action thresholds.
- Evaluating control practices, including fungicides, resistant varieties, integration of chemical and genetic control, and biofumigation.
- Examine impact on diseases of practices to improve soil health: annual compost amendments, reduced tillage, and clover living mulch.
- Diagnose disease problems for growers.
- Determine impact of ambient ozone on plant productivity.
Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology Section
School of Integrative Plant Science
Long Island Horticultural Research & Extension Center
Riverhead, NY 11901-1098